Welcome to the Fat Mum Slim Gift Exchange 2023
2023 GIFT EXCHANGE IS NOW CLOSED. THANK YOU TO ALL WHO DONATED
The Gift Exchange is our annual love-fest where people all around the world send gifts to strangers we partner them up with.
You give a gift, you get a gift.
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up to gift exchange by donating $5 to Rafiki Mwema. Adults (18+) will join the Adults group. Kids (17 & under) will join the Kids Group. You must donate $5 for each exchange you join.
- You will receive a link in your email immediately after your donation. You will need to click the link in the email, and RSVP in Elfster to take part. Failure to do this step will mean you will miss out.
- RSVP with Elfster. Sign up or login to Elfster and choose the group you would like to be in (Location to send gift) and double check your address is correct!
3When joining for a child, you will need to create a Child Account. Please see details here on how to do that.
- You will also get a link to our Facebook group. Please make sure you join, because this is where the fun happens! This is also where you’ll share more details about you to your gift-giver, and you’ll learn about the person you’re gifting to.
- By October 20th you will be assigned a partner. You will receive this information via email. This will include their name and postal address. You can look for your partner in our Facebook group, and get to know them there. The person you are gifting is not the same person that is gifting to you.
- You will need to send your gift by November 20th. The budget for the gift/s you gather must be a minimum of AUD$30 in value. To make it fair to all, we ask that you do not go under this budget. You may go over this budget at your own discretion. This price does not include postage. International postage is expensive so please consider this when selecting where you will post to.
- Make sure you wrap your gifts. Do not buy online and send direct to your partner. This is not allowed.
Just like every year, all entry fee donations will be going to Rafiki Mwema, a beautiful charity in Kenya that raises funds to support and home gorgeous kids who have had a tough start to life. Last year we helped purchase more water tanks for their water harvesting needs and this year we will donate the funds raised towards their Solar Panels for their Water Bore Pump. They have partnered with a wonderful local organisation in Nakuru who have offered to give half of the costs of the Solar to Rafiki as part of their CSR if Rafiki can pay for the other half. This is something they have wanted to do for years but has not been possible due to the costs. When installed we expect it to cut the electricity costs by 70%!
Thank you for being part of something so wonderful.
Head over to the page set up on the Rafiki Mwema website (you are on it now) and you will see 2 boxes on this page.. 1 for kids and 1 for adults. Click on the 'Sign up for..' and you are on your way! These payments are tax deductible within Australia.