The Gift Exchange is our annual love-fest where people all around the world send gifts to strangers we partner them up with. You give a gift, you get a gift.
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up to gift exchange by donating $5 to Rafiki Mwema. Adults (18+) will join the Adults group. Kids (17 & under) will join the Kids Group. You must donate $5 for each exchange you join.
- You will receive a link in your email immediately after your donation. You will need to click the link in the email, and RSVP in Elfster to take part. Failure to do this step will mean you will miss out.
- RSVP with Elfster. This year there is only one group for adults, no matter where you are in the world. If you are wanting to send internationally, please make sure to check this section when RSVPing.
When joining for a child, you will need to create a Child Account. Please see details here on how to do that.
- You will also get a link to our Facebook group. Please make sure you join, because this is where the fun happens! This is also where you’ll share more details about you to your gift-giver, and you’ll learn about the person you’re gifting to.
- On October 15th you will be assigned a partner. You will receive this information via email. This will include their name and postal address. You can look for your partner in our Facebook group, and get to know them there. The person you are gifting is not the same person that is gifting to you.
- You will need to send your gift by November 15th. The budget for the gift/s you gather must be a minimum of AUD$30 in value. To make it fair to all, we ask that you do not go under this budget. You may go over this budget at your own discretion. This price does not include postage. International postage is expensive so please consider this when selecting where you will post to.
- Make sure you wrap your gifts. Do not buy online and send direct to your partner. This is not allowed.
Just like every year, and as mentioned above, all entry fee donations will be going to Rafiki Mwema, a beautiful charity in Kenya that raises funds to support and home gorgeous kids who have had a tough start to life. This year the funds help them with all their water harvesting needs at Doyle Farm (below). The amount they can complete will depend on the funds raised in this gift exchange. They hope to establish a water pan on Doyle Farm and instal larger tanks & taps around the farm for harvesting all the water they possibly can. They will give us progress updates on what they achieve with your donation! Thank you for being part of something so wonderful.