At Rafiki Mwema, we rely on donations and sponsorships to meet our monthly costs in Kenya, however we also appreciate that not everyone has the financial means to contribute. This is why we want you to know that raising awareness is also an important part in the fundraising process, and it’s something everyone can do.
Read on to find out how you can help us with this important step by sharing the Rafiki Mwema message. Awareness leads to engagement and every bit helps.
There are so many ways you can help without money and sometimes it is the most valuable act of all.
By raising awareness, you can help us spread the word to as many people as possible, letting them know about what we do at Rafiki Mwema and how they can support us. By informing and educating people about our children and our work, you can potentially help us realise our fundraising goals. After all, you never know who will see your posts, messages or calls to action!
Ways to raise awareness
The aim of raising awareness is to send a message, get attention and start a conversation surrounding an issue, topic or project. The ultimate goal is to convert awareness to action and to drive change through support. There are a number of ways you can do this for us. Here are a few ideas:
- Share our social media posts or blogs with your connections.
- Talk about the work we do with friends, family and colleagues.
- Hold a Rafiki Mwema fundraiser for your birthday.
- Hold a fundraising event – from bake sales and car washing to climbing a mountain, this is a fun way to make a difference.
- Purchase your next gift from our Rafiki Mwema Online Store and include some information about Rafiki Mwema when you give it to the lucky recipient.
- Promote Rafiki Mwema by displaying posters and flyers at your workplace.
- Donate your quality used goods or leftover stock from your business for us to sell at a monthly market.
So start helping us bring the children of Rafiki Mwema to the attention of the world today. Let people know about what we do, why we do it and what they can do to help.