If you’re an individual looking to increase your charitable impact or an organisation hoping to engage your staff in something meaningful, workplace giving may be just what you’re looking for.
What is workplace giving?
Workplace giving is a simple way to regularly donate to charities or organisations that are entitled to receive tax deductible donations, just like Rafiki Mwema! Through this program, employees donate a portion of their pre-tax salary and employers match to double the impact. The amount you donate is entirely up to you.
Workplace Giving Australia explains this as follows: if you donate $20, it will cost only $12.60 but the charity receives the full $20. In most cases, employers choose to match staff donations, doubling the value of your donation to $40. It goes directly to the charity of your choice, dependent on your tax bracket.
Find more information on workplace giving in Australia at the Australian Tax Office website.
Why choose workplace giving?
If you’re an individual, there are many benefits to join your employer’s workplace giving program. It’s the perfect way to:
- Make your hard earned money go further and maximise your impact towards your chosen charity;
- Support a charity, with the donation being processed directly from your salary and nothing further to be done;
- Donate in a smart, tax effective way;
- Support a valued cause which is also meaningful to you.
Similarly, if you’re an employer there are many positives to encouraging your employees to embrace workplace giving. You will:
- Provide an opportunity to create a culture of charitable giving. This is proven to raise employee engagement and retention.
- Create a sense of community in which your employees connect and collaborate with others through their passions, whilst also being given an avenue to make a difference to causes that are meaningful to them.
- Demonstrate your commitment to causes which are important to your staff, customers and the wider world.
Why workplace give to Rafiki Mwema?
Rafiki Mwema, an Australian charity, provides therapeutic safe houses in Kenya for young girls and boys who have suffered horrific abuse.
Every month we face a bill of AU$45k just to keep our doors open. We don’t receive government funding and rely solely on the generosity of sponsors and donors, just like you, to meet our running costs and fund projects that help transform childrens’ lives.
The help we need is ongoing and the funding benefits our children in all areas of their lives. Read about some of our ongoing costs.
Get started today
Donate to Rafiki Mwema as part of your workplace giving program. Ask your employer to complete the online form and someone from our team will be in contact.
If you do not have an existing workplace giving program, contact a program provider such as Good2Give. This is the program provider that we currently use.